Professional Meeting Facilitation
Effective meetings don’t just happen. They are the result of careful planning and skillful facilitation.
I work with my clients to create high-impact meetings that lead to better decisions, better actions, and ultimately – better results. I can facilitate project planning, issue resolution, brainstorming, project design, strategic planning, and board retreats, as well as other types of meetings. Comprehensive facilitation services start with meeting planning and go all the way to final reporting if desired.
As a young adult, I found most meetings to be long and boring. I have since come to believe in their power. Done right, they can create alignment among groups of diverse people, build social capital, generate energy around a common purpose, and result in action that makes an impact.
In the short video shown below, I outline three principles of effective meetings, learned through my years of meeting facilitation.
Need a facilitator?
Michelle Landsverk has helped HRDC, NWRDC and Northwest Minnesota Foundation align activities for the benefit of Northwest Minnesota, producing substantive results. I am very comfortable recommending Michelle Landsverk to facilitate important community and economic development projects.Tim Flathers
- Pre-work: conduct interviews, clarify goals and objectives, design agenda, and plan activities
- Logistics: design meeting room layout, finalize meeting flow, and prepare materials
- Set-up: configure meeting room, set up and test AV equipment
- Facilitation: encourage full participation, keep the discussion focused and on track, resolve conflicts, build consensus, and lead participants to concrete action steps
- Wrap-up: collect all meeting documentation and materials
- Reporting: prepare final report documenting open items, topics discussed, and actions agreed upon