About Landsverk and Associates, Inc.
I founded Landsverk and Associates, Inc. in 2005 and haven’t looked back since. I office out of my home near Fosston, MN, and am very thankful for technology which keeps me connected with my clients whether I’m on the road or behind my desk. Although the name of my company includes the word “associates,” I am the sole employee of my company. Occasionally, if a project needs it, I may bring in outside technical or subject matter experts. They are the “Associates” of Landsverk and Associates, Inc.
The success of my clients is the focus of everything I do. Whether I am working on a grant proposal or a strategic plan, I strive to bring my best to every project and client. Over the years, I have worked with a broad range of organizations and projects, but I consider my strongest skills to be planning, facilitation, communication, and team-building. I am passionate about bringing out the best in the teams I work with. Teams are comprised of people, and in order for a team to accomplish its goals, the people who comprise the team have to be engaged, informed, feel respected by their peers, and own the end product.
Core Values: the Passion Behind What I Do
I love small towns and rural life. My real passion lies in my vision: a thriving economy which provides opportunity for people to live and work in small towns and rural areas. I believe that rural America is – and should always be – one of the best places on earth to pursue one’s dreams. I value people. I value resources. I value true communication – the kind that enables people to hear and to be heard.
Work Worth Doing
“Far and away the best prize that life offers is the chance to work hard at work worth doing.” Theodore Roosevelt
I find great satisfaction in “work worth doing.” In my consulting practice, I strive to develop deep and lasting relationships with my clients, helping them to achieve the objectives that are important to them.
Bachelor of Arts, English with Writing Emphasis, Concordia College, Moorhead, Minnesota
- City of Fosston Comprehensive Plan
- City of Thief River Falls Strategic Plan
- Environmental Scan of Manufacturing in Minnesota
- Additive Manufacturing in Northwest Minnesota Whitepaper
- Case for Broadband Study
- Business Broadband Use in Northwest Minnesota Study
- Recreational Plan and Proposal Development for City of Fosston
- Recreational Project and Proposal Development for City of Clearbrook
- Design, Development, and Coordination of IDEA Competition
- Design, Development, and Coordination of IMPACT 20/20
- Funded National Science Foundation Advanced Technical Education Proposal
- Funded National Science Foundation, Continuing Center of Excellence, Advanced Technical Education Proposal
- Funded National Science Foundation Advanced Technical Education Proposal for eTECH Online Education Program
- Numerous other projects and funded grant proposals
- Founder and Chairwoman of Pine to Prairie Angel Fund
- Graduate of Northwest Minnesota Foundation Leader Impact program
- Graduate of Northwest Minnesota Foundation Nonprofit Management Series (University of St. Thomas College of Business)
- Helped secure more than $4 million in business financing for past clients
- Secured more than $10 million in grants and venture capital for clients
- Certified QuickBooks ProAdvisor since 2002
- Certified Core Four Trainer
- Board of Directors, Greater Minnesota Management
- Board of Directors, Fosston Area Community Fund
- Treasurer, Bethel Assembly Church
- Advisory Board, University of Minnesota Crookston School of Business and Entrepreneurship
- Advisory Board, Bemidji State University, College of Business, Technology, and Communication
- Past Director of the Minnesota Women’s Business Center
- Past owner of a successful retail business